Whether you're looking for your next signature scent, a new winter perfume to add to your collection or a present that’ll get you in the good books – you’re in the right place. We’ve got the best, luxury designer brands at discounted prices you won't be able to find on the high street. To make your choice a (little) bit easier, we’ve rounded up our top 10 perfumes for women.
What makes for a good perfume?
When choosing a stand-out perfume, there are a few factors to consider – the time of year, occasion and personal taste. Whilst lighter floral scents are lovely in spring/summer because they’re light and fresh, heavier spicy fragrances are generally preferred in autumn/winter because they’re warm and stronger.
It’s also worth considering whether it’s something you want to wear every day, in the evenings or just special occasions — based on that, you can decide how light or intense to go. Finally, it often comes down to good old personal taste. One person’s bottom-of-the-draw perfume is another person’s signature scent.
Best women’s perfume for everyday
If you’re looking for an everyday perfume, it’s best to look for fragrances that are fresh, uplifting and subtle enough that you’ll still love them in six months. It’s also worth picking one that has staying power, so you can spritz in the morning and still get a waft on your way home.
- Lancome La Vie Est Belle is one of our best-sellers for a reason. Fresh, feminine and elegant – it blends top notes of iris with sweet patchouli and stands the test of time
- Prada Infusion D’Iris is beautifully fresh and light — think crisp linen sheets, gentle floral notes and touches of orange blossom
Best women’s perfume for evening
You can afford to take your fragrances up a notch when night falls. Whether you’re dressing up for dinner or getting glammed up for a party, the best finishing touch is your favourite evening perfume. Usually more intense, these fragrances are warmer, stronger and packed with spices.
- Ghost Orb of Night Opulence is infused with spicy pink pepper, florals and a touch of cocoa to create something sensual, intense and uplifting
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Intense is seductive and magnetic, blending black coffee with blue absinthe for a powerful pop
Best women’s perfume for autumn/winter
As the nights draw in and staying warm and cosy indoors begins to look a lot more appealing, we’re naturally drawn to warmer, richer scents. When it comes to autumnal fragrances, it’s all about seasonal spices like vanilla, cinnamon and clove, comforting notes of musk and woody notes like cedar and sandalwood.
- Hugo Boss The Scent For Her has irresistible notes of pink mandarin, green pepper and roasted cocoa – and comes in a jewel-shaped bottle. What’s not to love?
- Calvin Klein Beauty has an intense, feminine strength. With fresh lily, warm ambrette and earth cedarwood – it’s a classic, sophisticated scent
Best women’s perfume for spring/summer
With the changing of seasons comes the changing of scents – out with the warm and rich, in with the zesty and light. For spring/summer fragrances, it’s all about the freshness of lemon, the fruitiness of mandarin and soft floral notes like rose, peony and jasmine.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy is a cult classic. Fresh, radiant and scented with wild berries, soft white violets and a touch of sandalwood – it’s delicately romantic
- Chloe Signature is effortlessly chic and full of light, feminine floral notes of peony, freesia and lychee. It’s springtime in a bottle
Best classic women's perfume
A great, classic perfume is a must-have for any fragrance shelf. The kind of scent you can pick up for any occasion and know you’ll feel good in it. These scents are fan favourites that stand the test of time.
- Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue Eau combines floral, fruity notes of lemon, green apple and jasmine with warmer notes of amber and musk to create a fresh, long-lasting scent
- Calvin Klein CK One Reflections has natural ginger, zesty lemon, iced green tea and a woody base for an energising, light feeling
Looking for more seasonal scents?
Link to Top Spicy Perfumes for Autumn article once live