There's a few products us here at FD would never been seen without at the gym! To all those gym bunnies out there heading to spin/yoga/hiit, you do not need to take the contents of your bathroom cabinet to the gym! You'll never see us washing our hair with communal shower gel or sweating mascara tears! And hey you never know who you're going to bump into! We've put together a list of products that make our 'essential' list'
1. Clean, clear skin is number 1. Keeping a pack of makeup wipes in your gym back is essential pre and post workout. Exercising in your makeup is a no go for keeping your skin in top condition; you'll end up clogging your pores with makeup, grime and sweat (eww!). Make sure you remove as much of your makeup as possible before working out with some handy makeup wipes. These Yes To Cucumber wipes are great as they are perfectly gym bag sized. Once you've finished your session give your skin a quick wipe to remove any sweat from your skin as soon as possible.
2. Hey if you don't want to go completely makeup free, we won't judge! However panda eyes really aren't a great look when working up a sweat in hot yoga. Try giving your lashes a quick curl and then add on a slick of waterproof mascara. This one from Collection is great as it's completely clump-free.
3. Probably not best to head into the gym with a full pout. But definitely get some lip balm on to keep your lips hydrated and smooth. There's nothing worse than trying to make it through that treadmill minute when your lips are chap and tight! EOS lip balms are so moisturising but also easy to keep at the bottom of your gym bag.
4. Obviously no gym back is complete without deodorant. But not all deodorants are created equally' this one from Dove will help you stay smelling fresh even when you come out super sweaty!
5. Next up we have a super hydrating micellar water. Micellar water is great when you need a quick fix after a gym session, it will keep your skin fresh and cleansed. It's also really handy as you don't need to lug a bit cleansing routine with you! This one from Nuxe 'Eau DÃ‡Â¸maquillante Micellaire is perfect.
6. If you have time to shower at the gym you don't want to be carrying arounds loads of bottles. Get a two in one shampoo and conditioner to keep everything to a minimum. This Cowshed Lazy Cow Shampoo and Conditioner will get your hair clean in record time. Plus it has vitamins that will help keep your hair shiny and tangle free! Some of our favourite products from the Murad range include:
7. Bobby pins! What girl doesn't have thousands of bobby pins hanging around in the bottom of their bag? You can't work out with your hair swinging around your face, get it all up and out of the way and fully secured! Get a huge box of grips and pins that will keep you fully stocked up.
8. If you're in a mad rush after an intense work out you're going to need something to boost your locks. Big Sexy Hair has this miracle working spray that sops up the grease and sweat but also adds volume in seconds!
9. If you need a quick makeup fix on the way out of the gym it's usually best to stick to light, oil free products. You still need to allow your skin to recover so using a tinted moisturiser or BB Cream will be much more hydrating than a foundation.
10. We have a perfectly portable sized detangling brush that is going to work miracles when you get out of the gym. This one from Tangle Teezer glides through tresses without causing any breakage, particularly when your hair is at its most vulnerable (wet or sweaty). Voila you're good to go!