Halloween is one of our favourite days of the year. Costumes, candy, creepy nights out, what’s not to love?! However, coming up with the perfect outfit can be a huge amount of pressure! Is Halloween stressful? It shouldn’t be but really it can be! That being said, we’ve got some great tips and tricks that are super effective that will make your Halloween look incredible!
Stumped on application, setting, creating the intricate details you’ve seen all over Instagram? Don’t worry we’ve done our best to make sure your Halloween prep is as easy as it can be, it’s meant to be fun remember!
1. Invest in the Halloween makeup products you need for your desired look. You don’t need to purchase a million different products but investing in one palette with a huge array of colours in is going to make your life easy for years to come. We love the LaRoc 35 Colour Eyeshadow Palette in 04 for the amazing range of bright colours it has.
2. Use what you already have in your collection! There’s plenty of everyday makeup items that can be used to achieve different looks. A liquid eyeliner works wonders for drawing on spider webs… Using what you already have available will save you loads of time and money so make sure you check out your kit first.
3. Use tutorials! There are millions of amazing Halloween makeup tutorials on the internet that break down the looks step by step. If you’re a face painting novice when check out a few tutorials before you start to see which you think are easy to follow. Head over to the Fragrance Direct Instagram to check out our skull and bleeding eye tutorials!
4. Make sure you set your makeup! There is nothing worse than heading for a Halloween night out with incredible makeup to have it slip and smudge on your face. Making sure you look as good at the end of the night as you did at the start is the ultimate aim! So, make sure you use a setting spray before you leave the house. Spray it as many times as you want to hold everything in place! We love the Technic Makeup Setting Spray.
5. Keep things simple. If you don’t fancy going all out with very complicated designs, then just keeping it simple can be just as effective! A touch of glitter, adding super voluminous lashes or a bold lip can make you stand out just as much! Check out our recent blog post about the best false lashes for Halloween here.
6. Do your research. Don’t leave it till the last minute to decide what you want to do on the night! Check out Instagram and save an album of Halloween inspiration that you can refer back to you. This way you can be super organised and get the practice in if necessary!
7. Remove everything before bed! This is an essential step! Heavy Halloween makeup can cause havoc for your skin if you don’t remove it all properly. Nobody needs post Halloween breakouts! Leave a bottle of micellar water and some cotton pads by your bed for desperate times! We love the Simple Water Boost Micellar Cleansing Water.
The products below are our top picks for creating the best Halloween looks: • Technic Face Cream • LaRoc Intergalatic Eyeshadow Palette • Prima Makeup Face Gems • Technic Loose Glitter • Technic face Palette 8 • Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick • Technic Liquid Eyeliner • W7 Glamourous Stick On Nails • W7 Get Real Lashes • Head Candy Rebel Semi Permanent Hair Colour
You can also shop our entire Halloween category here!