Oil doesn't have to mean grease! Who knew! Because of its texture many of us avoid using oily products on our skin but listen up. Fragrance Direct bring you beautiful lightweight products which will sink into your face leaving it soft and glowing, no grease in sight!
If the thought of putting oils on your face freaks you out, then think again! Even people with oily skin can benefit from using skincare oils in their routine. Facial oils help keep the skin healthy and hydrated because they replenish your skin's natural oil content. Oils form a temporary barrier and feed the skin with the nutrients it needs to restore itself.
Keep reading to see more reasons why you need to add a facial oil into your skincare and which ones will work best for you'
1. They're great for dry skin This is one a bit of a no brainer, anyone with dry skin knows you'll want to slap on as much moisture as possible to keep your skin hydrated. Facial oils can be even better at moisturising your skin than any creams as lotions as they tend to penetrate deeper into the layers of the skin. Cougar Hyaluronic Acid Facial Oil is perfect to giving your skin a shot of hydration. Hello dewy skin'
2. They seal in all your other skincare products Adding an oil in at the end of your skincare regime will seal in all the goodness you've just applied. The oil acts as a barrier to environmental factors and makes sure the products applied beforehand have the best opportunity to work their magic. You must apply an oil as your final product, as anything you put on top will not be absorbed at all.
3. They can reduce fine lines and wrinkles Environmental factors such as pollution and free radicals play havoc with our skin and in particular ultra violet light. These factors all contribute towards premature ageing and wrinkles! Facial oils tend to be packed with antioxidant ingredients that prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming. Apply an oil before bed if you're scared of getting a greasy face in the day time, the ingredients will work to replenish any lost moisture and collagen. Try the Elemis Pro-Collagen Facial Oil as a night time pamper.
4. They are a natural source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Many facial oils use mineral oil to emulate the skin. Mineral oils act as a temporary skin barrier to prevent hydration from escaping . Natural oils help lock in any moisture in your skin along with fat-soluble vitamins and antioxidants that help improve the appearance of your skin over time. If you prefer to keep your skincare as natural as possible, a facial oil is a great moisturiser replacement. Try the Triology Certified Organic Rosehip Oil as it contains omega 3,6 & 9, essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
5. They are the perfect dewy skin makeup primer. Facial oils get absorbed into the skin rapidly as they are drawn to any areas that need hydration the most, because of this the skin instantly looks more plumped and hydrated. The smoother your skin the better your makeup is going to look over the top. Applying a facial oil before your foundation will give you instantly dewy, glowing skin! One we love for pre-makeup application is the Cowshed Cranberry Seed Rejuvenating Facial Oil as it doesn't leave you feeling greasy.