When it comes to the gym, our feelings are mixed. Sure, the rush of endorphins makes us feel amazing; we love the way our skin glows after a long session, and the feeling we get in our muscles the day after an intense class, but there are some things about hitting the gym that we just can’t get on board with.
If, like us, you want to really get the most of your visits to the gym, there are a few steps you can take to make the experience altogether more pleasant.
Firstly, gym-proof your makeup by using water-resistant products to avoid sweaty smudges. We recommend choosing lighter products, like Clinique’s gorgeous Age Defense CC Crème, which will help you feel good without overdoing it.
While wearing make-up in the gym isn’t necessarily for everyone, making sure you don’t smell too bad during your workout is essential (and courteous to your fellow gym-goers!). We love all things scent here at Fragrance Direct, and we don’t just want to smell fine in the gym – we want to smell great! Here are some of our favourite fresh smelling perfumes and body sprays which are perfect to wear in the gym.
1. Boss in Motion This light fragrance is super-invigorating and perfect for your workout. It comes in a cool spherical bottle too, making it great for throwing into your gym bag at the last minute.
2. Davidoff Cool Water Davidoff Cool Water has been created to help you discover the power of cool. This classic scent is inspired by the ocean and promises to provide a feeling of intense freshness – perfect for the gym or for post-workout feel-good energy. If you love this fragrance, try Davidoff Cool Water deodorant, and keep your cool throughout even the most intense workout.
3. Ralph Lauren Polo Sport This aftershave by forever-iconic Ralph Lauren is sporty and energising. With a summery blend of lemon, mandarin, lavender and bergamot, this refreshing scent will have you feeling bright wherever you wear it – even in the gym!
4. Calvin Klein CK One Fresh, timeless and utterly iconic, Calvin Klein’s CK One seems to make our lists time and time again. This fragrance can be worn anywhere – to the gym, to work, or in the evening, and never fails to make an impression. Fruity top-notes of jasmine, rose and lily of the valley combine wonderfully, while musk, sandalwood, cedar and amber make up an earthy base.
Throw the frosted glass bottle into your gym bag and enjoy your workout! What’s more, CK One has been designed to be worn by both men and women, so whether you prefer a more masculine scent or something a little more feminine, this light option will work perfectly.
5. Paul Smith Extreme Sport The iconic brand enters sports-fragrance-territory with the launch of this fresh and energising twist on the classic, Extreme for Men. Inspired by Paul Smith’s childhood dream of becoming a professional cyclist, this fragrance is both evocative and memorable, the perfect motivation to get you through a tough workout.