When it comes to packing for a weekend break, no matter how many times you write a list, start packing 3 days before and make many mental notes, you always end up forgetting something important. Whether you are heading off for a weekend in the country or jetting away for a city break trying to remember the contents of your beauty collection can be a nightmare. So, we’re here to help! We’ve worked out a failsafe packing list that will make sure you not neglecting your beauty regime for those days away.
1. SPF Now I’m not going to bang on about how important SPF is because you already know, right?! If not, we have written many articles about it here and here. When you’re travelling and walking round all day you need to make sure you have a great long-lasting SPF that will see you through. The Piz Buin 1 Day Long Lotion is perfect as it gives you up to 6 hours of protection, it’s also 100ml so you can take it in your hand luggage! It’s also handy to have a SPF for your face that you can just keep in your hand bag for top ups, the Ambre Solaire Dry Mist works over makeup too, so you can mist away throughout the day!
2. Moisturiser Moisturiser is essential for your skincare regime so don’t neglect it just because you’re away from home. Particularly if you’re flying, the air con on flights literally sucks any hydration out of your skin. Apply a thick layer of a super hydrating moisturiser or a night cream (they tend to be thicker in consistency) for throughout your flight. We love the Elemis Hydra-Nourish Night Cream.
3. Face Wash and Deodorant You may be tempted to just stick to face wipes when you go away for the weekend, but they won’t do your skin any favours. Make sure you pack a good cleanser as well to keep your skin clear, clean and fresh. The REN Clean Skincare Rosa Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water is perfect for travelling as it acts as a toner and micellar water too! And deodorant just goes without saying…
4. Dry Shampoo Dry shampoo is a must for refreshing dirty or greasy hair during your break. You can pick up lots of travel sized bottles that won’t take up too much room in your hand luggage. The Charles Worthington Style Setter Dry Shampoo adds plenty of volume and texture too!
5. Travel Size Perfume You don’t want to be lugging around your big bottle of perfume on a trip (or be in danger of losing or breaking an expensive bottle!). So, pack a small hand bag sized version of your favourite scent. 30ml bottles are perfect for hand luggage or why not try a Pacifica Solid Perfume for layering on, our favourite is the Tahitian Gardenia.
6. Self-Tan If you like to have a bit of colour when you’re away then fake tan is a must. We all know how a genuine tan is damaging to the skin, so you’ll need a bit of something extra to give you that glow. A gradual tanner is a great option as it can double up as your body lotion too! The St Tropez Gradual Tan Body Lotion gives a gorgeous bronze colour.
7. On The Go Palettes Trying to streamline your makeup collection can be no mean feat. When you’re heading away for a couple of nights having a couple of handy palettes will help you keep everything in one place. The Marco By Design Complete Palette contains eyeshadows, highlighters, face powder and eyebrow products so you just need to remember your brushes!
8. Hand Sanitiser Having a hand gel or sanitiser in your handbag is always handy but when you head away on a city break they are an essential. Particularly when spending a lot of time in public places/ eating gelato by the bucket load! They’re usually super small so don’t take up hardly any precious space. Try the Anatomicals Hand Sanitiser, it’s a germ killing machine!
If you need some inspiration for amazing city breaks then check out our blog from last week... Top 8 Must See City Breaks!