2018 has been an impressive year for fashion and beauty. We’ve seen new products by Givenchy and Armani fly off the shelves, while growing trends in skin rejuvenation and therapeutic lotions have shown that the desire to look after our minds as well as our bodies is stronger than ever.
If you feel like the year has been a bit of a blur (and who can blame you?), then allow us to run through some of our favourite trends and the best beauty products of 2018, along with our best-selling new scents that aren’t too late to be added to your Christmas list.
1. Making room for me time It’s safe to say our working days are getting longer and our chilled-out evenings are becoming rarer, which probably explains the growing trend in relaxation products.
As more people become comfortable with the idea of at-home massaging, massage balms, such as the Kaeso Velvet Touch Aloe Vera Cuticle Massage Cream, are showing that you can get salon-quality products at a reasonable price. Interest in aromatherapy products has continued to grow too, with bath salts, aura sprays, and body lotions amongst our best-selling.
Meanwhile, our candles and home products have seen a massive 235% increase in popularity. From room sprays to reed diffusers, such as the Orla Kiely Fig Tree Scented Diffuser, it’s just as important to look after your home as it is your body.
2. Get your glitter on Want to take things up a notch without the risk of looking excessive? A little glitter is the key.
Glitter has always been there to add a touch of glam to our lives. It's really taken off this year and can be found in many different products, whether you want to let your eyes sparkle with the W7 Pressed to Impress Glitter Palette and L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Top Coat Mascara, or steal the limelight with glistening nails courtesy of Manhattan Last & Shine Nail Polish
There’s even the chance to soak in all of the glitter with the luxurious Style & Grace Bubble Boutique Bath Sprinkles Glitter Set. The choices are endless!
3. Facetime Face masks continue to interest us as we seek a natural remedy for softer and smoother skin. It seems that the more unusual the ingredients, the more desperately we all want to try them.
The CB&CO Hemp Face Mask uses hemp seed oil to nourish and refresh, while the Cougar Beauty Caviar & Gold Face Mask features both luxurious ingredients for their anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Skin refreshed Skin products have seen a big growth this past twelve months, as revitalisation products no longer come with a hefty price tag. From eyecare, such as the Elemis Absolute Eye Serum, to DIY kits, there’s plenty to feel refreshed about.
The Dermalogica Normal/Oily Skin Kit is not only a top-grade product, but it’s a real lifesaver when it comes to having great skin. Meanwhile, the DECLÉOR Hydrating Discovery Kit is another must-have for when your skin calls out for a bit of rejuvenation.
5. Bright lights, brighter impressions When done right, bright neon colours can make a real impact. Neon variants of our favourite products continue to sell well, and that’s why they’ve remained a beauty trend of the past year.
6. Fifty shades of yellow Speaking of brightness, yellow has seen an incredible resurgence recently. With so many different shades to choose from, it’s a versatile choice. Fashion trends indicate that the nicknamed ‘Gen-Z yellow’ will continue to be popular amongst trendsetters next year, so it’s only fair that your beauty products match up too.
The yellow MAC Eye Shadow Matte provides an even blend that will stun without ever looking too much while the Naj Oleari Colour Emotion Classic Effect Nail Polish in Giallo will have you glowing even in the coldest of months.
Our best-sellers of the year As we’re nearing the end of the year, we thought it would only be fair to let you in on a few little secrets regarding our best-sellers.
1. Our best-selling new product of the year was, by far, the Givency L'Interdit Eau de Parfum Spray. The scent is an invitation to defy convention and embrace femininity, so it’s no surprise that it’s 2018’s biggest sell.
2. The warm, glowing tones of Marc Jacobs Daisy Love have been popular with those wanting something a little vibrant.
3. Paco Rabanne Pure XS For Her Eau de Parfum Spray offers a provocative floral oriental scent that’s proven hard to resist.
4. Caroline Herrera Good Girl Eau de Parfum Spray is a sophisticated blend of amber notes, praline, jasmine sambac, and sandalwood.
5. Rounding out our top five new scents to fly off the shelves, Armani Si Passione is a daringly bold scent exuding with confidence.